The purpose of this course is to give this user (the style programmer) knowledge, tools, ideas and tips to create new styles.
In this course we will discuss the major principles in style programming using MIDI sequencer software. Almost any MIDI sequencer software will do.
The course is subdivided in a number of parts each explaining principles and pitfalls, tips and tricks in one area of the creation process.
• In Part 2 and 3 we will create the skeleton for our new style
• In Part 4 to 9 we will create the musical content in the style (the MIDI part)
• In Part 10 we will finish the style by adding CASM, OTS and MDB data chunks
• In Part 11 we will discuss ways to enhance the style features
• In Part 12 we will discuss problems - and their solution
Part 5 - 9 are in no way meant to be a complete guide to music programming. The purpose of these parts is to give an initial introduction to style music programming.
The styles created following the principles in this course will work in Yamaha Genos, Tyros, PSR, CVP, DGX, YPG and YPT keyboards.
Please mail me for questions, comments and suggestions for extending this course.