I want to subscribe to the newsletter from
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site
The newsletter will be send app. 3 times a year.
I don't get the Newsletter. Why?
- You must provide a valid email address.
- Check your spam folder. The newsletter might have been sent there by your system.
- If you change you email address, you will have to subscribe to the new address.
- Make sure your mail box is not over quota.
You can cancel your subscription anytime by replying to a newsletter. Change Subject to: "STOP Newsletter".
11 January 2017
Welcome to the January 2017 Newsletter from "The Unofficial Yamaha Keyboard Resource Site".
This newsletter covers the period from the last newsletter (October 1, 2016).
I have written 2 new software programs:
• File Organizer. This is a software program for creating set lists where the original file names are prefixed with an ascending name to allow proper sorting. More
• Backing Track. This is a software program for extracting chord sequences from videos and converting this in several formats and as input in other MIDI softwares. More
A number of links have been added to the site:
• Links to 6 new Yamaha keyboard Resource sites, listed here
• Links to 3 new Yamaha keyboard style sites, listed here
• Links to 9 new Sheet Music sites, listed here
• Links to 4 new MIDI sites, listed here
• Links to 7 new Music Software sites, listed here and here
• Software updates, and many more links to new Forums, Music, Chord/Patterns, Software; etc.
More information are to be found at The Unofficial Yamaha Keyboard Resource Site
and at More News from 2016.
A new area for discussions about my software programs have been added at The Power of Tyros Forum. Thanks!
This site has now reached more than 9,000,000 visits. Thanks for your support through more than 17 years!
All pages at the site has been graphically updated; the translation service is updated to cover 100+ languages; and a new site specific search feature has been added.
For a complete update of my software programs, I need a lot of data. Most can be found in the manuals; but some data is not public.
Therefore I need assistance from keyboard owners to reveal the secret and hidden data.
Read more about the data I am searching here.
Using Internet Explorer
If you use one of the newest versions of Internet Explorer for viewing The Unofficial Yamaha Keyboard Resource Site you will NOT see all content at the pages unless you allow scripts to run at your page.
The Norton / Symantec WS.Reputation.1 False Positive
Some users of my programs have received a warning from their Norton program. This program evaluates software based on user feedback.
My programs do not get much feedback; and therefore assess Norton my programs as unknown - and potentially dangerous.
Norton does not even test the software, they just judge it as potentially dangerous. In my eyes it is not a particularly serious behavior from Norton's side.
Read more here
and please, test my programs at McAfee SiteAdvisor.
Now - once again - I ask you to help me secure the future existence, development and maintenance of my web site, my software, my articles and my styles.
I pay most expenses (web site hosting; software development tools; keyboard etc.) from my own pocket.
Thanks in advance. And thanks to the donors so far. More at the Support Page
Comments and suggestions to the site content are most welcome!