The program will show the records in Music Finder Files; ready for editing.
Please notice that
• if a record defines a style which is not found in the selected model; the record will show the style number in brackets; e.g. <3456>.
• when selecting a record the name of the corresponding style in the NetCommon style list will be shown below the style box. If not found this will show the style number in brackets; e.g. <3456>.
• converting Music Finder Files between models is rather complicated to automate as the style naming and numbering systems are somewhat in-consistent.
• records with not found styles can be deleted from the Music Finder Files when saving. Check Menu Options for setting this.
Thanks to Michael P. Bedesem for collecting most of the style data files.
1. In the Model Menu: Select your Keyboard Model.
2. In the File Menu: Create a New Music Finder File - or open an existing Music Finder File.
3. To select a Record: Click the grey area to the left of the first table column.
4. To sort the Records: Click the column header in the column you want to sort.
• New File: Creates a new Music Finder File. In menu "Record" click "New" to add a record.
• Open File: Opens an existing Music Finder File.
• Import Tab.Del.File: Imports the records in a Tabulator Delimited Music Finder File
• Append File: Appends ALL the records in a second Music Finder File to the opened file.
• Save File: Overwrites an opened Music Finder File when saving.
• Save File As...: Saves the Music Finder File in a new name.
• Import Tab.Del.File: Exports the records to a Tabulator Delimited Music Finder File
• Open File2: Opens another file in the lower table allowing adding individual records from this file. (For details read paragraph below.)
• Import Tab.Del.File2: Imports a Tabulator Delimited Music Finder File in the lower table
• New: Creates a new record.
• Delete Selected: Deletes the selected record.
• Delete Duplicates: Deletes duplicate records. Duplicates are defined as: "The same Genre, Music, and Style".
• Copy the Selected: Duplicates the selected record
• Lists the supported keyboards
• When saving: Delete Records using Styles with Numbers not found in the selected Model
As it says: If a record defines a style which is not found in the selected model, this record will be deleted when the Music Finder File is saved.
• Select size of User Interface. Your setting is saved.
• Online Help, Help Content, Help Search, Check for new Version, Registration and About.
• Adds a new Genre to the Genre list. Genres can not be deleted while editing; but unused genres will disappear when saving and reopening the file.
• Adds a new Time Signature to the Time Signature list. All values from 0/0 to 16/16 are valid.
• Saves the settings in the fields below the Main Table to the selected record in this Table.
• Unselects a selected record.
• Adds selected record(s) in the lower table to the Main Table. (Read paragraph below.)
The software program allows selecting one record / a group of records from a file and adding these to an existing file.
• Menu File -> Open File (your file to add TO - opens in the top of the program User Interface)
• Menu File -> Open File 2 (the file you want to select FROM - opens in the bottom of the program User Interface)
• Now click in the grey area to the left of the record data for the first record to add while holding down the Ctrl-key (multi select)
• Click in the grey area for the next record to add (still holding Ctrl-key down) *)
• Continue... *)
• Click button "Add selected from File 2" to add the selected records from file 2 to the first file.
*) These steps are omitted if you are adding just ONE record.
A duplicate search might be required.